Friday, September 10, 2010

Smallmouth and BIG mouth

Yesterday I got to learn all about targeting big catfish on the electronics. It was amazing what a vivid picture of the bottom you could see with the electronics. The picture above is the result of a big tree that Jeff Williams of Team Catfish found with his electronics. I sure had a hard time reeling in that 60-pound blue catfish! I also caught two other fish that were in the 20-pound range. Not a bad day on the water!
And this morning we went below Wheeler Dam for a couple hours to catch some channel catfish. Which we did. But the highlight for me was when Dad had me holding a little white Road Runner Premium Marabou for pictures then said, "How about you cast a couple with that?" So I cast out, and while dad was not looking my rod made a big bend. And as I was fighting it, we thought it was probably a striper or something like that. Then when it was right by the boat our Mr. Williams saw that it was a......smallmouth bass... which made us panic, wanting to get it in the net. We succeeded and it was a beautiful 3 1/2-pound range smallmouth!

What will it be tomorrow?

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment