Thursday, September 1, 2011

Prediction Half True

Yesterday one of my friends and I went fishing. Instead of fishing in the pond where I usually fish, we decided to go and fish the beaver pond, which is on the same property. As I have mentioned in other blogs, the beaver pond is a much wilder, shallower pond, and it was, as the name suggests, created by beavers.


Before we went fishing, I knew we would probably catch more fish on the other pond; however, I decided on going to the beaver pond because it would be a little bit more of an adventure, even if we didn't catch a lot of fish. That proved to be true. Well, sort of.



It was true that we had an adventure. We saw a snapping turtle, got stuck on a few stumps, saw a big beaver and finally figured out where the creek runs in and where the dam is after a lot of searching. However the part about not catching fish was not true. I thought since the deepest part of the pond is only about 5 feet deep that the fish might lay really low and not bite at all on a hot summer day, but we found an underwater stump field that was about 3 feet deep that we pulled five fish out of with Texas-rigged YUM Dingers. And we lost about seven fish in the stumps.



So putting together the adventure and decent amount of fish, and considering the conditions and what I expected, I'd say we did really well.



-Nathaniel



No comments:

Post a Comment