Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Intentionally Limiting Options


A bad habit that's really easy for me to fall into especially when fishing a small pond is over strategizing. Sometimes strategizing can help you catch fish in a pond, but I do think that there's a lot to be said for sticking with a bait and style that you are comfortable with and confident in. So sometimes I like to do what I did on Saturday, which is bringing two rods and just a couple of options for lures. On Saturday I went with a crankbait, a shaky head, and  a pack of Yum Dingers as my backup plan. Doing so basically forced me to not spend time analyzing and tying on new lures.

 
It turned out that I only needed to bring one rod and one lure, because I caught every bass on an XCalibur Square Lip Crankbait. And I think that mainly fishing just one bait really helped my approach. Maybe not a strategy for that would help everyone, it certainly wouldn't work with just any type of fishing, but for fishing a small pond it's something that usually helps me.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment