Friday, April 29, 2011

Best Day This Spring

A few days ago I had my best day on the pond so far this spring. The bass were very aggressive. I was only out there for about 30 minutes of fishing, but I still caught five bass and missed a few others. And the wind was blowing pretty hard, which made it tough to control the canoe.

I caught all my fish on a bait I had never fished with before: a YUM Sooie, rigged weightless and weedless on a 3/O X-Point Offset Wide Gap Hook. And when they hit it, they slammed it! I returned a day or two later with my dad and had similar success on the same rig, this time with us just doing quick lap and casting from the bank.


Just wait until I have more time.


-Nathaniel


P.S. If you saw my last blog called "Teamwork" the same thing happened again, with Asher spotting a fish for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment