Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trout Fishing

One of I favorite kinds of fishing I get to do is to wade in a mountain stream and catch trout, and one of my favorite places to do that is the Nantahala River in North Carolina. The Nantahala is a very rural and wild looking stream, but it still has very good access. The fishing action is usually good there, but even if it wasn't I enjoy wading up a mountain stream almost as much as catching the fish.


Last week, Dad and I got to fish at the Nantahala with our friends from Road Runner Lures, TJ Stallings and Ron Stallings. We spent one full day and two partial days at the river, and we caught a lot fish on Road Runner Natural Science Trout & Panfish Series lures. We caught mostly rainbow trout, but also caught some brook trout and dad managed one little brown trout.

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment