Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Bash

Last weekend we did the same great thing we did last year on my birthday, fishing and camping at the ponds.



First dad and I fished for a couple hours with my little brother Asher on the first pond of the three on the property. We caught quite a few fish. Asher caught bream on bread and a jig. I caught bass mostly on a Booyah Buzz, which was very exiting. Dad caught both bream and bass, catching most of the bream on a Road Runner Curly-Tail and the bass on a YUM Dinger.


After we fished the upper pond, Mom came and picked up Asher, and Dad and I went to fish at the beaver pond, which the name describes well. It is made by beavers, is very shallow and has lots of stumps, fence posts, brush and trees in and around it. And it fishes a lot bigger than it is because it has lots of little pockets around it. It is a very cool pond.


Dad and I fished that pond for a couple of hours that evening and caught a few fish, including one fish that almost made me jump out of the boat. I was fishing the buzzbait through some stumps, and when my bait was about five feet from the boat a bass smashed it off the top. But I didn't jump out of the boat, and I did get the fish in. And after we finished fishing we camped by the pond.

The next day we fished for about and hour on the beaver pond and then fished another hour on the upper pond and caught a lot of fish. Over both days we caught 43 fish. (Dad caught 30 of them.


-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment