Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Great Start to Saturday

This morning I went out to the pond and fished for a couple of hours. It was really nice weather; just a little bit of wind, and cloudy. I caught a fish right off the bat on a buzzbait. That was a nice start to a Saturday on the lake.

Then I did a lap around the pond and didn't catch anything. So I went back to the dam. And on the first cast up against the dam using a three inch Texas rigged Yum Dinger I got a very nice hit. I thought it was probably a 2-pound sort of fish at first, but then about 20 yards from the boat, when it jumped, I realized it was a little bit bigger. So as I fought it and it jumped the second time, a little bit closer this time. I started getting a little bit nervous about my 10-pound test and my two 2/O hook. And after the fish dragging the boat for a while, I finally, with shaking hands, I was able to lip him and get him in!


I was all alone, and I needed a picture, so I let him breath for a while then I paddled across the lake as fast as I could, ran up to a friend's house and had her take a picture. I got my picture and the fish swam back just fine. It is probably the biggest fish I have seen come out of that little pond. A great start to a Saturday!



-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment